Welcome! Below you’ll find answers to some common video questions. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, please reach out to our support team or a TDS business specialist.
How do I find out what channels are included in my level of service and/or the channel numbers associated with the channels I receive?
How do I reboot my cable box?
You can reboot a cable set-top box by disconnecting and reconnecting the power to the cable set-top box.
- Turn off your cable set-top box (using either the remote or the button on the front of the box).
- Carefully unplug the power cord from either the wall or the back of the cable set-top box. If it is plugged into a power strip, turn off the power strip at the switch on the top of the strip. Wait 30 seconds.
- Restore the power. Either plug your cable set-top box back in or turn the power strip back on, but do not turn your cable set-top box back on.
- Wait 2 to 4 minutes until the green LED digital clock reappears on the front of the cable set-top box with the correct time.
- Once the correct time has appeared, press and release the power button on the converter or by using the remote to turn it back on.
If I am a basic cable subscriber do I have to upgrade to Digital Cable?
No. You can choose any level of our video product – Broadcast Basic, Expanded Basic or Digital Cable. If you choose digital cable, however, you will need to lease a digital set-top box in order to receive all of the channels on the digital lineup. In addition, there are a few Expanded Basic channels that require a set-top box. See our Channel Lineup for details.
What is Digital Cable?
Digital Cable is a type of cable television distribution using digital video compression that’s replacing the analog technology that broadcasters have used for decades. It offers a higher quality picture and sound, dozens more channels and an innovative on-screen guide.
What do I need to get HDTV cable service?
In order to enjoy TDS’s full HD experience, you will need:
- A high-definition television, which can be purchased at major electronics retailers
- An HDTV compatible set-top cable box or CableCARD from TDS Business