Hello! You’ll find helpful answers to many common questions below. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, please reach out to our support team or a TDS business specialist.
How Do I Benefit From Business Internet Services?
- TDS Business Internet Access gives you the speeds you need to get more done
- Meet all your business goals with fast, reliable and secure solutions from a local service provider with extensive coverage
- 100% local support – right in your own backyard from folks who might be your neighbor
- Our local support staff, technicians and engineers monitor our network 24/7ensure you are always connected
- Increased speed levels so that your business can improve performance while focusing on primary business needs, not IT needs
- Widespread Availability via HFC network so that your business can get Business Internet installed typically within 2-3 weeks
- Scalable Capacity so that your business can purchase the bandwidth needed today and easily change as your business needs change
What is Internet Access?
TDS Business Internet service is a multi-level broadband service that operates across a fiber-rich coax network via a cable modem.
Business Internet Service lets you download and transfer data with confidence. Get the speed and connectivity you need to increase your company’s productivity.
Internet service provides high-capacity connectivity for large data transfers and video streaming capabilities for small businesses and offers a variety of data rates for commercial businesses to choose from, depending on their business needs.
Can I upgrade if I need more bandwidth?
Absolutely. TDS Business is a service that you can grow with. You can always upgrade to a new level of speed, just contact us and we will be happy to help.
Is there a difference between TDS Business Cable Internet access and DSL?
DSL service speeds are distance sensitive. The DSL service you get depends on how close you are to the provider’s central office. With TDS Business, distance is not an issue. You will be able to get the product you have purchased no matter how far away you are from our business office. Installation with DSL also takes several weeks or months to get installed. TDS Business can be installed within five business days at a serviceable address.
One of our biggest benefits is reliability. TDS Business Internet solutions are delivered over a proven, dependable fiber rich network. Cable modem-based high-speed Internet access is less complex than DSL, easier and less costly to expand, and it provides the fastest speed at the best value for your business dollar. And because we are a dedicated, local company, you can be assured that we, and your Internet access, are here to stay.
How can I make my Internet access connection secure?
Security should be a concern for all Internet users.
The first and most important step to take is to ensure your computer and all of the data stored in it is protected from malicious viruses and worms. To do this, you must have anti-virus software installed on your PC. Additionally, the anti-virus product must be kept up to date. Many people don’t realize that anti-virus software is dynamic and must be frequently updated with the most recent virus signature files to ensure protection against the latest creations from cyber vandals. Countless new viruses are launched every month and can spread around the globe in minutes.
Installing firewall protection is the second most important step to take in securing your PC. Without a firewall, your computer is operating under an open door policy.
What is the difference between a Static IP and a Dynamic IP?
Dynamic IPs are renewed each time you restart your system. Usually this number is different every time since it’s pulled out of a pool of available Dynamic IPs from the TDS Business system. Static IPs are assigned to our customers who purchase them. The customer’s Static IP is always the same, which is a necessity when you are running a web server, mail server or any piece of equipment that needs to have the same IP address every time you access it.
What is Dedicated Fiber Internet Access?
Many businesses need Internet connectivity today with low latency, high reliability, and tight security to support their applications and sensitive data activity. TDS’s Dedicated Internet Access enables these mission-critical business activities by connecting your business directly to the Internet.
Dedicated Fiber Internet Access service runs on our Enterprise fiber-rich network and features:
- Flexible & scalable bandwidth options ranging from 25 Mbps up to 1 Gbps
- Dedicated, reserved, high-bandwidth internet speed
- Secure connections with guaranteed up-time and always-on connectivity
- Scalable solutions that include burstable speeds
- Ability to easily upgrade service to a higher bandwidth
- Provided over TDS Enterprise’s fiber-rich network
What is Business Wi-Fi?
Business Wi-Fi is a service provided by TDS Business to allow customers to use their Wi-Fi enabled devices with their TDS Business Internet service. Business Wi-Fi is available to customers with specific Wi-Fi capable cable modems. Please contact your business representative to see if you can get Business Wi-Fi.
Do I need cable TV in order to get TDS Business Internet service?
No. You do not need to have cable TV service in order to have TDS Business Internet or Voice services. However, you get a 20% monthly discount when you bundle TV, Voice or both with our Internet service.
Who can I contact for additional support?
Local business support is available 24/7/365 by calling 704-660-3842.